If you need a replacement of your CA recommendation paper or ID card reach out to us via live chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you only need a copy of your PDF recommendation, let us know, and we can email it to you.
The fee for an official replacement copy is $15 OR you can leave us a verified review on our Yelp page and have the replacement mailed for free!
To leave a review for your replacement, click here: PrestoDoctor Yelp
Let us know once the review is posted and we’ll make sure your replacement gets mailed out to you!
To renew, click “schedule an appointment” on your dashboard once you are logged into your previous account. It will automatically register as a renewal appointment for you at a discounted price for being a return PrestoDoctor patient!
Renewal discount are only applied for previous PrestoDoctor patients who use the same email each year. If you sign up for a new account, your renewal will not be applied.
Please be aware that the new recommendation will be valid for 1 year from the time of the renewal appointment, not the expiration date of your previous recommendation.
If you need to reschedule, simply send us a message using the live chat function on your screen, or email us at email@example.com. As long as you reach out 2 hours before your appointment time, we’ll be able to move you to another date or time slot.
All your information is absolutely 100% confidential and stored securely using industry-leading data warehousing measures. We don’t share your information with anyone – patient confidentiality is our #1 priority.
Payments & Shipment
Yes! However, expedited shipping is only available for CA medical patients, as your NV or NY medical card is issued by the state.
Here are your options:
Standard USPS Economy (3-5 business days): No charge, default shipping method
USPS Economy with Tracking: $6.99
Expedited (2-days): $13.99
If you choose standard shipping for your CA recommendation and ID card, USPS will generally deliver your PrestoDoctor mail within 3-5 business days.
Are you in California?
- The price is $49.99. This includes everything you need: your appointment, paper recommendation, ID card, customized treatment plan, and shipping. There are no additional taxes or fees.
Are you in Nevada?
- If you are a non-resident looking for a California card, the price is $79.99.
- If you are a resident looking for a Nevada card, the price is $109.99 for a 1-year card, or $129.99 for a 2-year card. Note that the state charges a separate application fee.
Are you in New York?
- The price is $139.99. Note that the state may charge a separate application fee (currently being waived).
No, we can not recommend that you possess anything more than the law allows. For the possession and grow limits in your area, please consult with this guide: canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-california
Yes and no! If you’re between the ages of 18-20 you will still need a medical card in CA in order to purchase from dispensaries. If you keep your medical card, and register within your county for your Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) you can also save up to 20% on the new cannabis taxes.
Additionally, you also have access to higher quality products and higher possession and grow limits.
PrestoDoctor provides 24/7 verification through these methods:
- Phone verification by calling (650) 542-0420
- Web verification by entering a patient’s ID number at prestoverify.com
- QR code printed on the card, which pulls up patient verification information when scanned
In order to be a caregiver for a California patient you will need to complete a Caregiver Form. This form can be obtained by PrestoDoctor after your completed appointment. Simply reach out to us through live chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When visiting a dispensary as a caregiver, you will need to bring the Caregiver Form, the patient’s government ID, and their medical recommendation paper/ID card.
Please keep in mind that a patient can only have 1 designated caregiver at a time.
To purchase cannabis products, you will need to go to a licensed dispensing facility, most commonly called a “dispensary”. You can look up storefront and delivery dispensaries through https://weedmaps.com.
You must be at least 18 years old in order to be evaluated.
Essentially, no. Medical cannabis and recreational cannabis are the same product. However, some dispensaries may sell flower, oil, and other products, recreationally, that are un-tested. As a medical patient, you will have access to higher quality products, higher potency products, products that are tested for quality assurance, and higher grow and possession limits.
To become a California medical marijuana patient, you must qualify with one of the following conditions:
• Chronic pain
• Persistent muscle spasms, including those associated with multiple sclerosis
• Seizures, including, but not limited to, those associated with epilepsy
• Severe nausea
• Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or more major life activities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990)
Your California cannabis recommendation will only be accepted in California and Nevada. In order to use your California recommendation in Nevada you will need a passport or non-Nevada ID. No other states will accept a California recommendation.
Nope! PrestoDoctor respects patient privacy and is 100% HIPAA compliant. We take security and privacy seriously – your records remain safe and confidential. Medical records are available upon patient request.
Yes! In order to be evaluated for a Nevada medical card you need to be a current resident of Nevada, and have your current address on your Nevada ID. If you have a passport or a valid non-Nevada ID, you can use a California cannabis recommendation at Nevada dispensaries.
You do not need a medical card to purchase from dispensaries in Nevada if you are at least 21 years old, but you may still want one. If you are under 21, you will still need a medical card to be admitted entry into a dispensary. Also, you pay less in taxes if you have a medical card and can purchase different products in higher quantities. Also, medical card holders usually get preferential treatment in dispensaries (example: no waiting in long recreational lines).
The state application is completed after your appointment with the doctor. If you’re approved, you will receive instructions via email on how to register online and download the state application (the state application is required in order for the state to mail you your physical cannabis card).
To register, click here: Nevada Medical Marijuana Program Portal
To schedule your Nevada card appointment, fill out your profile information and click the “schedule an appointment” button. Once you choose your day and time, be sure to click the Nevada State Card Processing Upgrade on the upgrades page. This indicates to the doctor that you are looking to be evaluated for a NV card.
California and Nevada have reciprocity, meaning that Nevada dispensaries will accept a California recommendation as long as you have a passport or a non-Nevada ID (such as an ID from any other state). To use your California recommendation in Nevada, simply bring your recommendation and your non-Nevada ID to the NV dispensary and you will be granted access.
The state of Nevada charges the following:
• $50 – 1 year cannabis card
• $100 – 2 year cannabis card
These prices are separate from the fees paid to PrestoDoctor, and are made through the online Nevada State Medical Marijuana Portal.
The fee for a Nevada card evaluation is $149.99 – ($99 for the evaluation and $50 for the Nevada State Card Processing Upgrade). This fee covers the evaluation with the doctor and the doctor’s completion of the Attending Healthcare Provider Statement (a portion of the state application).
This fee does not cover the additional processing fees required by the state post-appointment.
To become a Nevada medical marijuana patient, you must first be diagnosed with a debilitating or chronic condition and be a Nevada resident. To qualify as a patient you must have one of the following conditions:
• Persistent muscle spasms (including multiple sclerosis)
• Seizures (including epilepsy)
• Severe nausea
• Severe pain
• Additional condition specifically approved by the Department of Health and Human Services
State: New York
Yes, the New York State Portal requires you to provide proof of residency within the state when registering as a patient.
Proof of residency can include:
- ID number from your New York State Driver’s License or New York State Non-Driver ID Card.
- Copy of a government-issued identification card that contains your name and New York State address.
- Copy of a utility bill or other document showing your residency issued within the previous two months. The document must contain your name and address.
- Copy of a current lease or similar document showing your residency within New York State.
- Other documentation as approved by DOH containing sufficient information to show proof of residency in New York State.
Yes, all dispensaries will require a medical marijuana card issued from the state. We can help you through the process!
Your recommendation is valid for 1 year from your State Registration or Approval Date. Keep in touch with your doctor if any dosage or product changes are needed/recommended by the dispensary pharmacist.
The evaluation fee is $139.99. During this process you will be evaluated by the doctor, in which he/she will generate a state issued recommendation that will be provided after the appointment. This form will be needed when registering in the New York State Portal. The NY Department of Health has a $50 registration fee for new patients. However, they are currently waiving the fee for all patients (for the time being).
To become a New York medical marijuana patient, you must first be diagnosed with a debilitating or chronic condition and be a New York resident. To qualify as a patient you must have one of the following conditions:
• Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable Spasticity
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease(IBD)
• Ulcerative Colitis
• Crohn’s Disease
• Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
• Huntington’s Disease
• Chronic Pain
If you’re having trouble hearing the music or seeing the screen preview during the technology test, please try these helpful tips:
- Make sure you’re using the Chrome or Firefox browser on your computer or non-Apple device
- If you’re already using the Chrome browser, please click on the green “lock” icon in the URL bar next to prestodoctor.com and check the camera/microphone permissions. They should be set to “always allow”, then reload the technology test page
- If you’re using an Android smartphone or tablet, try restarting the device
- Check to make sure that your Chrome browser application is up to date and that the newest version has been downloaded
- Make sure your volume is turned all the way up and that you do not have ay other applications open that could be using your camera or microphone
- Do one final check to make sure you’re not using the Internet Explorer, Safari, or Edge browsers, as they are not compatible
The video chat appointment can be conducted using these types of devices:
• A computer with a webcam (desktop with attached webcam, or a laptop with a built-in webcam)
• A tablet with a built in webcam
• A smartphone
Browser Compatibility: If using a computer, Android tablet, or Android phone (Non-Apple Device) you must use either the Google Chrome or Firefox web-browser.
You can download Chrome for your computer, here: https://google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
You can download Chrome for smartphone, here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome&hl=en
Apple Devices: If using an Apple device (iPhone or iPad) you will use FaceTime for your appointment. Simply send us your FaceTime contact number or email using the live chat function in the bottom right hand corner of your screen!
Have any other questions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com