Yes, the New York State Portal requires you to provide proof of residency within the state when registering as a patient.
Proof of residency can include:
- ID number from your New York State Driver’s License or New York State Non-Driver ID Card.
- Copy of a government-issued identification card that contains your name and New York State address.
- Copy of a utility bill or other document showing your residency issued within the previous two months. The document must contain your name and address.
- Copy of a current lease or similar document showing your residency within New York State.
- Other documentation as approved by DOH containing sufficient information to show proof of residency in New York State.