In a recent survey conducted by the World Health Organization, depression ranked at the top as the most contributor to disability in the world, meanwhile, anxiety was ranked sixth globally.
It was also recorded in 2017, that almost 3.8% of the world population is either suffering or has suffered from anxiety disorders. The report was done by Our World in Data. Also, one out of ten people gets diagnosed with a mental health condition in the world. This has necessitated the choice of CBD products instead of prescribed products in treating the mental health disorder.
Cannabidiol popularly known to be CBD is a popular natural remedy used for a lot of common ailments of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa.
CBD oil has undergone a wide range of study for its ability or efficacy in easing several symptoms relating to health matters, which includes depression, anxiety, heart diseases, acne, and post-traumatic stress disorder. It may also provide a natural substitute for pain and symptom relief for those with cancer. The researched efficiency of CBD oil treatment of both depression and anxiety has restored hope to many living with these health conditions and awaken interest in this natural method.
In a recent Brazilian study, it was recorded that 57 men were giving one of Oral CBD edibles or Placebo 90 minutes before a simulated public speaking test. Through this test, the researchers found that a 300-mg dose of CBD was the most effective at greatly reducing anxiety during the test. A 2019 study showed that CBD greatly reduced symptoms in mice anxiety conditions.
Depression: Depression can be said to be a medical condition in which there is a frequent feeling of loss of interest and sadness which can often stop you from doing your usual chores. Depression exists in two types, with notable symptoms ranging from minor to severe. It can also be described as the feeling of loss, anger, sadness affecting over 264 million people globally.
Anxiety: Anxiety is a medical condition in which your body voluntarily responds to stress. It is also the natural response to the fear of the unknown or future. That inadequate, extreme, and frequent fear and worry about unforeseen situations, fast breathing, profusely sweating, and that tired feeling usually occurs.
The effects of CBD oil on managing depression and anxiety are as follows;
- It induces sleep in cases of insomnia: It is researched in a recent study in immunology that CBD produces a calm in the brain that is visible on scans by the doctors.
- It is a pain reliever: Since it was recorded that marijuana has been used to treat pain some time ago in 2900 B.C, Recently, Scientists have discovered that certain constituents of marijuana, can be used for pain-relieving results.
- It is a stress reliever
- An appreciable amount of decrease in physiological effects of anxiety when using CBD oil from Chron.com. For example, increased heart rate, sweaty palms, etc.
- Improvement in the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) thereby giving the patient better relief from PTSD
- For gastrointestinal issues
- For inflammation
- Since depression is closely related to sleep disruption, CBD oil can help a patient to improve their mood to a happy one.
- It can be used to treat parasomnias and sleep disorders like sleepwalking, waking intermittently at night.
- It has benefits for social gathering. Research has shown that CBD oil decreased anxiety in people that have a phobia for social gatherings by increasing prefrontal convex activation and reducing activity in the amygdala.
There are potential risks and side effects in using CBD oil;
Despite the general acceptance of CBD oil for treatment of depression and anxiety, the supported by World Health Organization- there can be side effects such as;
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Appetite changes
- Elevated liver enzymes
- liver damage
- Interactions with other drugs and alcohol
- Alertness changes, which can affect driving negatively
- Gastrointestinal problems and loss of appetite
- Mood changes, including irritability and irritation
- A reduction in fertility for males
Health experts believe that CBD oil or tincture is the most effective form of CBD. However, more human studies are needed to fully understand the range of risks and side effects that prolonged usage of CBD oil may cause. Recently, the World Health Organization gave some leads into the available evidence that suggests that CBD is relatively safe. However, the long-term effects are not entirely clear since it is well known that the biggest concern that consumers face when purchasing CBD products is that of little or no FDA regulation.Get Your Card Now