Did you know that you can see a licensed medical marijuana doctor completely online for the Louisiana Medical Marijuana Program? As of August 1st, 2022, the Louisiana Department of Health has authorized the use of patients to conduct a telemedicine evaluation in order to get their medical marijuana card.
Getting a Louisiana Medical Marijuana Card online is a process that involves speaking with a doctor who then will register you with the state once you have been approved. To become a Louisiana medical marijuana patient, you can first talk with one of our doctors to see if you qualify. We will help you with any questions you may have along the way!
Louisiana allows its physicians to use discretion to recommend medical marijuana for any debilitating medical condition within their range of expertise. That being said, Here are some conditions that may qualify you for the program:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- HIV / AIDS
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Seizure Disorders
- Severe Muscle Spasms
- Intractable Pain (Intractable pain means a pain state in which the cause of the pain cannot be removed or otherwise treated with the consent of the patient and which, in the generally accepted course of medical practice, no relief or cure of the cause of the pain is possible, or none has been found after reasonable efforts. It is pain so chronic and severe as to otherwise warrant an opiate prescription)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorder* (behavior of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized; avoidance of others or inability to communicate of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized; self-injuring behavior; and physically aggressive or destructive behavior (La. R.S. 40:1046))
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Concussion diagnosed by a physician
- Chronic Pain associated with fibromyalgia or Sickle Cell Disease
- Any Condition for which a patient is receiving hospice care or palliative care
- Any condition not otherwise specified in this Subparagraph that a physician, in his medical opinion, considers debilitating to an individual patient and is qualified through his medical education and training to treat
You’ll need to provide one of the following (unexpired) to prove your identity when you go to pick up your medication at the dispensary you have chosen:
- Louisiana Driver’s License
- Louisiana State ID Card
- Any Valid State ID
- Any US Government ID (Military Card, US Passport, etc.)
Talk to our doctors to get your Louisiana medical marijuana card online
Simply visit prestodoctor.com to schedule your secure video chat appointment and talk to one of our board-certified doctors to get your medical marijuana recommendation letter. We generally have same-day appointments available, or you can schedule an appointment in the future.
After you are approved by one of our doctors:
Once the doctor approves you for medical cannabis, we will send a signed healthcare practitioner certification after your appointment is completed directly to your dispensary of choice for you. This signed form from our doctor will serve as your official medical marijuana registration that allows the ability to purchase cannabis products at your “Marijuana Pharmacy” (Dispensary) of choice.
When visiting your pharmacy of choice, the pharmacy will require both your:
- Completed Physician Written Certification (the dispensary should have this information from your physician)
- Physical ID or Photocopy of your Driver’s License / ID card
It is important to note, that your Name and Address on the application with the facility must match what is exactly listed on your Drivers / State ID card. We recommend calling the dispensary of choice before your first visit to ensure the pharmacists on-site have completed your registration process for their location.
If you need help getting your electronic certification to your pharmacy of choice, we can directly email or contact your designated pharmacy for you!