How to get a Medical Marijuana Card in New York
Getting a Medical Marijuana Card in New York is a process that involves speaking with a doctor and filling out some online state mandated paperwork. To become a New York medical marijuana patient, you can first talk with one of our doctors to see if you qualify and we will help you through the application process.
To become a New York medical marijuana patient, you must first be diagnosed with a debilitating or chronic condition and be a New York resident. To qualify as a patient you must have one of the following conditions:
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable Spasticity
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease(IBD)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Huntington’s Disease
- Chronic Pain
Proof of Residency:
You’ll need to provide one of the following items to show proof of residency:
- ID number from your New York State Driver’s License or New York State Non-Driver ID Card.
- Copy of a government-issued identification card that contains your name and New York State address.
- Copy of a utility bill or other document showing your residency issued within the previous two months. The document must contain your name and address.
- Copy of a current lease or similar document showing your residency within New York State.
- Other documentation as approved by DOH containing sufficient information to show proof of residency in New York State.
After you are approved by one of our doctors:
Once the doctor approves you for medical cannabis, we will send a patient certification form on your behalf to the state. Once you’ve received your patient certification from our doctors, you will need to fill out an online patient application for the medical marijuana program. We will also send detailed instructions on how to do this, post-appointment, via email.
Register for an account here: https://my.ny.gov/ Click on ”Health Applications” then “Medical Marijuana Data Management System” in order to access the online application form.
- The form will request basic information from you including your proof of New York residency.
- Once approved, you’ll receive your medical marijuana card in the mail.